What does HORECA stand for?
is a term that was coined in Europe to refer to a wider category of services related to the food industry
. The word, which is actually an abbreviation, is comprised of the words “hotel, restaurant, cafe
”, the types of businesses which generally offer food services
to their customers.
Which are the main HORECA activities developed by a Czech company?
Investors who are interested in opening a company in Czech Republic
in the HORECA sector
should know that there are several business prospects that can be carried out in this industry. As a general rule, the HORECA sector
is comprised of the following main types of business activities:
- • accommodation activities, in which companies are specialized in offering accommodation services through hotels, motels and other similar premises;
- • restaurant businesses, specialized in offering food and drinks products in premises that have a certain identity (fast-food, traditional food restaurants, sea-food restaurants and others);
- • cafes, where the clients can receive various types of cafes, teas and desserts;
- • catering – a sector which is specialized in providing food products for specific events, such as weddings, corporate events, graduations and others.
Policies on food safety in Czech Republic
has launched a national strategy
concerning food safety
in this country, under the Food Safety and Nutrition Strategy for 2014 – 2020
. The strategy
concerns all parties related to the production and distribution of food products
, including commercial operators
, such as those operating in the HORECA sector
and our team of consultants in company formation in Czech Republic
can advise on the specific regulations addressing to this industry.
The following parties are involved in the proper functioning of the Czech food system:
- • Ministry of Agriculture;
- • Ministry of Health;
- • other administrative bodies in Czech Republic;
- • non-governmental organizations;
- • professional associations;
- • consumer associations;
- • higher education institutions;
- • research institutes.
One of the aspects that should be taken into consideration by those who want to start the procedure of company registration in Czech Republic
in the HORECA sector
refers to the preferences of the local consumers. As presented in a survey conducted by the Public Opinion Research Centre
, Czech consumers
are highly interested
in food products of domestic origin
, which are seen as having a higher level of quality
compared to products imported from other countries.